CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Interview...+ Drawing Test.

Interview : BSc(Architecture)
Venue : FSPU a.k.a Fakulti Seni Bina, Perancangan dan Ukur,UiTM Shah Alam
Time : 8.30am
Date : 13 April 2008

I walked out from my home at 7.00am. My parents and I stopped to have breakfast for a while after we reached in Shah Alam. After finished eating, we continued our journey to UiTM Shah Alam. We thought maybe we could arrived there before the time, but there're a small traffic jam before we entered the UiTM's main gate(traffic jam exactly at the main gate)... Then, we lost for a while in there(tersilap gi FSSR a.k.a Fakulti Seni Lukis dan Seni Reka). My father thought I'll be interviewed in FSSR because there're so much people attend there for interviews there (Sbnrnye bdk yg nk amik seni bina dgn seni lukis interview pd hr yg same cuma tmpt yg lain). So, sahlah pagi2 lagi dah kene exercise turun naik bukit(sbb FSSR and FSPU tu kt ats bukit especially FSPU). After exercise naik turun bukit, then exercise naik tangga lak. Kat FSPU tu tangganye punyala tinggi. Semput gakla..

After arrived in the front of FSPU building, all candidates required to queue to register at the counter...according to course. Because not BSc of architecture only held there, there're much more such as Quantity Surveying, Town Planning, Diploma in Building, Landscape Architecture, and Interior Design. So, of course there're a very long queue. Lucky me, my dad ask a candidates politely to let me queue in front him(sebab silap baris, cek gi berbaris kat counter Diploma Bangunan bkn BSc Archi). Reached at the counter, the person in charge ask me to show the interview letter, then she gave me a coupon-like paper written my turn number.[Session 3, 10.30am, no.3]. Then, she instructed me to get inside the building and wait under the canopy that were prepared for us(hujan rintik2 pagi tuh)

After, salam with my parents, I sit at the place she asked. Then, suddenly Nailah greet me.(actually dah tau die ade interview gak hr tu, cume igtkan die dh msk bilik interview) So, we have a conversation there. She said that she will take the drawing test at 9.30am(the drawing test will be held first without considering the difference of courses before the interview according our courses was held). Then, at 9.30am, Nailah stepped into the drawing test's place while I went to the cafeteria with my parents to have some drinks. About 10.45am, I sat back under the canopy(sepatutnye pkl 10.30 start drawing test, tp asyik tunda je, so ktorg start kul 11.30am)

At 11.30 am, an instructor called us(session 3 candidates) to go to a room to complete the drawing test(punyelah nervous waktu tu, mcm2 dlm otak;nk design bgnn camne ek). In the room(bilik kuliah yg pastinya), we're asked to sit far from each other. Leave a chair empty between 2 people. On the small desk, an A3 paper with a form were put. Then, we're asked to complete the form. The instructor give briefing and told us the rules(no rulers and its 'siblings', no colours only 2B pecils with a rubber only can be used).Then, he told us what we had to draw.(cheh, rupe2nye die bg satu bende;silinder,2 sfera,cube,pyramid,kuboid yg tlah disusun jd cam satu combination...lukis balik bende tu je. Punyela cek nervous, igtkan suruh lukis ikut imaginasi sendiri rupe2nye die bg dah...so selamatla sbb waktu tu mmg otak tgh blank) So, I start drawing. While drawing,the instructor made an announcement,"Jgn lukis kecik cam semut. Camne org nk nilai kalo lukis kecik2. Masa diberi 1 jam, so lukislah dan buatlah yg terbaik. Ini adalah peluang terakhir anda."(cek xfhm ape yg die maksudkan dgn 'ini adalah peluang terakhir anda.' Tp, waktu tu tgh melukis,mmg xhirau ape dah). So, I do my very best in the drawing(lebih2 lagi sbb waktu f4 dulu Ust Idris pernah bg ujian PSV lebih kurang camni cume die letak jug and mug). So, I use all techniques that I've learned;the shading,toning,rubbing,sketching and etc.

Finished drawing, we're called out from the room by course. Then, we're lead to the interview place. And, of course, when it came to an interview, my nervous level become very very high. SO, I wait for my turn(lambat gler, waktu dh habis drawing test tu, br no.22 dr 48 org sesi 2 msk bilik interview. Mine is no.3 sesi 3). I wait for a very long time, so I get new friends, Shikin and Nadzatul. I went to have a Zuhr pray. Then, sit in front of the room again, waiting. My turn is around 3.30pm. Then, I walk into the room with all my documents and the drawing that I've done in the morning. The room have 3 couples of interviewers, the couples were separated by temporary walls so that 3 peoples can do the interview simultaneouly in the room. My interviewers is a man and a woman. The man started to talk first. 'Introduce yourself" (so, cek hntmla, i gave my name,home,school,parents' work,co-curriculum achievement).

She asked me, ' why architecture?' What else I can say, I just say, because I like sience especially physics and arts. With architecture, I can applied both simultaneously because besides designing building, an architect also must calculate the structure and construction. Then, the man interviewer asked whether my school is an Islamic school. And, I agreed. He asked, whether I can speak in arabic. I said a little. Then, he asked me ' What is my responsibility as a Muslim in architecture?' I replied by saying that i'm hoping that by designing a building, i also can 'design' the society. The woman interviewer hoping that I can decide seriously. Then, they asked, why UiTM, why not UIA(die ckp, uia kan lagi dkt dgn rmh,lg islamic). So,hntmla.... because my father said that UiTM has been established in architecture school. Actually, dia ade mintak keje kursus psv tu, tp xsmpt nk amik kt sek,so xtunjukla...juz tunjuk sijil psv tu je. Then,habis...

I hope they can make the best decision for me whether they're accepting me or not(sbb dorg cm bleh je tolak cek msk uia which is my 2nd choice). And, I will pray for Allah to give me the best offer(doesn't mind if it from uia or uitm) because all we do if just planning, and Allah is the One who decide......

0 comments: